Unless you've been in hibernation the past few weeks, you'd have noticed that virtually everything in the news seems to be related to the coronavirus outbreak, which is now a pandemic. And indeed, nation-wide lockdowns and Central Bank interventions to respond to the spread of the virus are the dominating headlines of the past few days, but that doesn't mean other things haven't happening in the happening world of Business and Finance! From France imposing a record $1.2bn fine over antitrust violations to one particular company saying it would hire a whopping 100,000 more workers, there's a lot to quiz each other on. (And, yes, of course, even coronavirus-related topics.)
Well, what are you waiting for? Take the new Quiz Knock and knock the ball right out of the park!
Here's a teaser:
1) Which company recently announced that it seeks to hire 100,000 more workers to meet surge in demand?
2) What do these numbers indicate?
3) _______ was recently fined a record $1.2bn in France for anti-competitive behaviour.
4) True or False? At the 1912 Olympics, the Russians showed up 12 days late because they were using the Julian calendar instead of the Gregorian calendar.
5) Which country's stock market has been the best-performing so far this year?
6) Among these countries, which one has the highest amount of arable land?
7) To contain COVID-19, which country announced history's first nation-wide lockdown?
8) Which of these Central Banks has NOT announced an emergency rate cut to combat the coronavirus crisis?
9) What's an octothorpe?
10) Here's something offbeat: What did Michael Scott from The Office refer to as "the best thing ever"?
Stuck at home in self-quarantine and don't know how to pass the time? How about Hand-curated Business News from Top Publishers & Platforms, Richly Crafted to Fit into One Wholesome Email? Subscribe Now to receive a nuanced 360 Degree account of key events from the World of Business and Finance every day.